Thursday 12 January 2012

Pacific - Author Judy Nunn


I know I am a bit behind the times as this is my first Judy Nunn book. Pacific is an epic novel. If a book weaves two stories into one cleverly then I usually become a fan. This book links the stories of a modern day Australian actress Samantha Lindsay, and a past war hero Jane Thackeray in a believable, spell binding manner. It is the story of Jane Thackeray, who moves to a Pacific Island with her missionary husband Martin, that becomes predominant as Samantha makes a movie inspired by her life. Jane blossoms during the war to become Mama Tack, protector of and beloved by the Islanders she lives amongst.  The characters really come to life and time spent reading the 661 pages of this book is time well spent, I was so caught up in the story that even when I had to put the book down the story remained with me and I picked up where I left off with ease.

Busy Chick’s Highlight – The final revelation about Jane Thackeray’s son.

No comments:

Post a Comment